The FNR JUMP programme is a competitive funding programme, open to all research domains, that is designed to help bridge the technical and funding gap between research-driven discoveries and their commercialisation/utilisation, thereby enhancing the impact of Luxembourg’s research on economy and society.
FNR will provide financial support to advance the development of applied research-driven and leading-edge technologies/concepts, products and services that have potential for:
- Enabling the creation of a start-up company that will further develop and commercialize the invention; or
- Licensing to an existing company;
- Further funding and collaboration (private or public) in view of commercialisation;
JUMP is not intended to support basic research or existing start-up companies, but rather it will support proof of concept activities to advance research-driven technologies that have potential for a socio-economic impact. JUMP is designed to facilitate the researcher’s ability to leverage external funding to serve as a bridge toward product development and commercialisation/utilisation.
New in 2021: The previous Pathfinder track will be merged with the POC track.
DURATION & FUNDING SPECIFICS
FNR will support funding for Proof of Concept projects up to 450,000 EUR to successful project applications in the domain of biomedical sciences and funding up to 250,000 EUR for any other domain for a recommended maximum period of 24 months.
- Funding decisions are communicated no more than 2 months after submission deadline.
- All applications must be submitted via the FNR Online Grant Management System.